Let’s start with the Inside…
Strawberries are 75% water, and it’s due to this that they are perfect for keeping skin hydrated, and glowing!
Strawberries are loaded with soluble fiber, an incredibly heart-healthy benefit.
This gorgeous fruit also provides a high amount of Folate. Folate is a B vitamin that contributes to strong, healthy hair and vibrant skin, as well as being an important nutrient for developing and maintaining strong, healthy bones and teeth.
Besides eating a bowl of strawberries, easily toss them into shakes, salads, cereals & oatmeal.
Now for the Outside…
This is a great mask for Acne Skin & Blemishes
Strawberries are rich in salicylic acid, which is the same ingredient used in many commercial acne products. They also have whitening properties to help get rid of acne scars. Honey is a favorite ingredient to add in due to it’s antibacterial properties, and is perfect for keeping skin moisturized.
- 3/4 cups of ripe strawberries
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp. honey
Mix together with a fork or a food processor until it’s completely smooth.
- Apply the mask to your face with a cotton ball. (pour a small amount into another dish, so you can re-dip without contaminating the whole batch).
- You may feel your skin tightening as the mask dries.
- Leave on for 10–15 minutes, rinse off with warm water.
- Pat dry and apply your favourite moisturizer (I recommend “Just The Goods” Acne line, which is available at Generation Green :)).
This mask will keep in the fridge for one week, and can be used every other day.