Ok ladies, we all either have it, or we’re going to get it…CELLULITE!
This is not something that affects just overweight people, skinny gals get it too! The cause is apparently fat cells settling in under the skin. Whatever the cause, none of us like it, and all of us want to get rid of it!
In my search for a natural treatment, I came across this easy scrub! It made sense since caffeine & exfoliation are known to increase blood flow and circulation.
Coffee Ground Scrub
- Day old coffee grounds (decaf won’t work, need the caffeine!)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Bath mitt or good scrubby sponge
1. In a large bowl combine 1 cup coffee grounds with olive oil and salt. Use enough oil to create a thick paste and sprinkle in some kosher salt. Depending on whether or not you like a hard or soft exfoliant will depend on how much kosher salt you sprinkle in. I suggest a tablespoon. Some people prefer more so as to create a harder scrub.
2. Before taking a shower, rub the paste onto your legs and hips, actually you can rub the mixture anywhere you like! The word is you will see fantastic results after just a week of using this technique.
3. Find something else to do in the bathroom (pluck your eyebrows, clean the toilet, read a book :)) so you can leave the paste on for 30 minutes.
4. Rinse off in a warm shower. (Too hot will just dry your skin, as will too many showers)
Remember it is great to exfoliate your body anyway so why not use something natural! This sounds like a great way to fight cellulite, and might I add, the cheapest!
Recipe courtesy of NewJerseyNewsRoom.com