- Weight Loss Assistance – The unique gelling action of Chia seeds keeps you feeling full for hours with no added calories! Add it into your morning smoothie, yoghurt or I’ve even just added into my drinking water. You can also substitute half chia seeds instead of the full portion of butter required in recipes to cut the fat! food will taste the same and even stay fresher longer.
- Balance Blood Sugar – Keeping balanced levels is important for good health and energy. If you eat high-starchy foods and sweets, blood sugar levels will rise, giving you a false energy high and then quickly drop to give you an energy zap! You know that afternoon slump, I need a nap feeling? By balancing your blood sugar, you not only lower your risk for type 2 diabetes, but you also ensure steady, constant energy throughout your day. Chia seeds unique combination of soluble and insoluble fibre combine to slow down your body’s conversion of starches into sugars.
- A great source of fibre – To help ensure regularity, you need plenty of soluble and insoluble fiber in your diet. Chia seeds have a combination of both that helps keep food moving smoothly through the digestive process.
- A source of omega-3 oil – If you’re not into eating fish, Chia seeds are the richest plant-source of this healthy oil that is so important for heart and cholesterol health.
- Add age-defying antioxidants – Chia seeds are full of amazing antioxidants that makes the Chia Seed stay fresh for so long. They can actually be kept at room temperature for up to two years! Anti-oxidants help prevent free-radical damage in your body which is the cause of premature aging of the skin.
- A great source of minerals and vitamins – By weight, chia has more calcium than whole milk. It also has magnesium and boron, essential trace minerals used in the absorption of calcium and other vitamins.
- Enhance flavour – Although chia seeds have no flavour, when the seeds hydrate, they actually magnify the taste of whatever they were added to because they take on the taste of whatever they are added to.
Pretty cool eh? Might just want to add that one to your superfood selection!